About this Voter Guide
Our Voter Guide for the June 10, 2017, municipal and ISD runoff election allows you to compare candidates in key
contested races in North Texas. Read opponents' responses to issues side-by-side, and create your own ballot, which you can
print or email.
The guide was put together by the editorial board of The Dallas Morning News, whose members crafted the
questionnaires for key offices up for election.
NOTE: Some users residing in certain cities and ISDs may see single-member races they're ineligible to
vote in. For these races, links to district maps are provided.
E.thePeople's principle is to use your personal data only to improve your experience on the site. There is no 'bait and switch', in which we ask for information for one purpose and then use it for another.
Here is the information we collect about you in the course of your usage of the site and why we collect it:
- Visit Data.
When you use this voter guide, we collect certain information automatically, including the IP address of the server you are accessing the Internet through, the type of browser you are using, the site that referred you to this voter guide, and the pages you visit while on the site. This data allows us to assess the performance of the site and of various pages within the site.
- Street Address (optional).
You can optionally enter your street address and ZIP code to find the races you are eligible to vote in. When you do this, we store this information so that you can construct a customized MyBallot to print out or send to yourself via email.
- Email Address (optional).
You can optionally enter your email address to have a copy of your MyBallot emailed to yourself.
- Candidate Preferences (optional).
You can optionally mark your candidate preferences using MyBallot.
E.thePeople is committed to using this data in a way that protects your privacy. In particular:
- We will not use the information you reveal to us to market any products or services to you, nor will we allow any third parties to market any products or services to you. This means you will not receive unsolicited email, phone calls, or mail as a result of your use of the voter guide.
- We will not reveal your email address or any other personally identifiable information to any third party without your explicit permission.
- If you provide your email address, the only email communication you will receive from us will be information you have requested to have sent to you (e.g., a copy of your MyBallot).
- Any information we share with third parties will be summarized data that tells them about site wide usage patterns (e.g., how many people used the tool, which pages were most popular, etc.), and not about you specifically.