November 2016 Treasure Valley Voters Guide
Welcome to our Voter Guide for November's local races, bonds and levies, as well as the presidential election. Compare candidates' views on the issues side by side and create your own ballot, which you can then print or email.
- Oct. 11 - Nov. 4: Canyon County early voting.
- Oct. 17 - Nov. 4: Ada County early voting.
- Oct. 28: Last day to request a mail-in absentee ballot.
- Nov. 8: Election Day. Polls will be open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Absentee ballots must be returned to county clerks' offices by 8 p.m.
Looking for more coverage? Visit IdahoStatesman.com/election for previews, voting information and other things to know before you vote.
...Please note: Candidates' responses have not been edited except for libel.
Data on voting is some of the most sensitive data around, so we want to take a moment to explain to
you what data we have and collect, and how we use and do not use that data.
E.thePeople's principle is to use your personal data only to improve your experience on the site. There is no
'bait and switch', in which we ask for information for one purpose and then use it for another.
Here is the information we collect about you in the course of your usage of the site and why we collect
- Visit Data.
When you use this voter guide, we collect certain information automatically, including the IP
address of the server you are accessing the Internet through, the type of browser you are using,
the site that referred you to this voter guide, and the pages you visit while on the site. This
data allows us to assess the performance of the site and of various pages within the site.
- Street Address (optional).
You can optionally enter your street address and ZIP code to find the races you are eligible to
vote in. When you do this, we store this information so that you can construct a customized
MyBallot to print out or send to yourself via email.
- Email Address (optional).
You can optionally enter your email address to have a copy of your MyBallot emailed to yourself.
- Candidate Preferences (optional).
You can optionally mark your candidate preferences using MyBallot.
E.thePeople is committed to using this data in a way that protects your privacy. In particular:
- We will not use the information you reveal to us to market any products or services to you,
nor will we allow any third parties to market any products or services to you. This means you
will not receive unsolicited email, phone calls, or mail as a result of your use of the voter guide.
- We will not reveal your email address or any other personally identifiable information to any
third party without your explicit permission.
- If you provide your email address, the only email communication you will receive from us will
be information you have requested to have sent to you (e.g., a copy of your MyBallot).
- Any information we share with third parties will be summarized data that tells them about site
wide usage patterns (e.g., how many people used the tool, which pages were most popular, etc.),
and not about you specifically.